Still bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still bogging

Hey guys, I have another question on why my 95 SPX is bogging in the water..I took it into a nearby shop (bargers all sports) in Waco, TX today and they asked what kind of oil I was running. The oil I am infact running is not TCW-3 approved and is for 2 cycle engines such as motorcylces, scooters, etc..I was told it was okay before using so I just went ahead...I told them this and they said this could be why I have a low 120 compression and I may have some scoring..Could this be a reason why it bogs? If so, would a top-end be fine and do the trick?
    sigpic

Re: Still bogging

Having a higher ash concentrated mix can harm the motor... You should be using sea-doo oil to eliminate that problem.

120 might be fine... It's all about being EVEN, or close to, between the cyls. Gauges are off, unless you are using a calibrated snap-on or other high end gauge, the numbers are meaningless to me, as long as the numbers are close to eachother.

What plugs are you running?

You can pop the head off in just a few minutes and take a look at the cyl walls and piston too. It's an o-ring head, so there are no gaskets to replace.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: Still bogging

The gauge used to check the compression was an el cheapo from a local auto store..when we checked they were identical 120..I just can't think of any reasons it boggs in the water
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X