Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny (not really) Idle

93 SeaDoo GTX

Ok, So I finally got all the parts back on the ski last night and all of the epoxy was dry so time to do a sea trial... on the trailer. I backed it down and cranked it up (First time cranking it in the water since I bought it) and the idle keeps running up and down from the 1500 it is supposed to be at up to 3000+ and then it idles back down. I gave it throttle, let it bcome back down and it does the same thing. I ran it for about 5 minutes and it never stopped. Any ideas?
    Thanks,

Re: Funny (not really) Idle

maybe a little lean on one of the carbs?? Try opening up the lows a tad.. How does it run on dry land??
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Hey Dan,
      I know I normally sound like an expert and all...lol. But I am not sure where and what the "lows" are. I am assuming they are adjustments on the carbs. It runs the same way on land except more RPM's because of no resistance. The first time that I cranked it up 2 months ago, it ran fine and steady. Since then, nothing has been touched on the engine. I did pull the oil and fuel tanks out and cleaned them but that is about it except for pump work.

Comment

yes sir, on the carbs there are 2 adjuster screws (besides the idle). the one with a "T" handle on it is your lows. they are a pain to get to, and you will probably need to remove the airbox.

You could have old gas in the carbs, causing issues as well.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Is there one on each carb?

Comment

Yup
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
            X