No gasoline in the carburetor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gasoline in the carburetor

I have a challenger 97, the engine was changed and installed, I installed all incoming and return hoses of gas, but gas does not reach the carburetor, this boat was not working for two years, I put gas directly into the carburetor, and works perfectly. but not by self. please help.

Re: No gasoline in the carburetor

Fuel selector switch? Did you rebuild the carbs and fuel pump before installing new motor? Old gas will / can clog up carbs.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

yes i did the rebuild, I pull out the hose connector coming from the gas tank to install the engine, and was connected again, it may be that the problem?

I start the engine but no fuel comes out the hose that brings gas from the tank, is supposed to go out gas? I blow into the tank to see if the gas comes out, but nothing comes out, is supposed to get gas?
      Last edited by juan sadycz; 07-04-2010, 02:09 AM.

Comment

You sure you have your fuel lines hooked on correctly? Common mistake to mix up the "In" and "Return"
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

let me explain something, this engine was a twin challenger, my boat is a single engine, has some things different, the gas pump is separated from the carburetor, the other was installed in the carburetor. the principal gas line was installed in the pump, or pulse, I guess that is the same no?, the other is return, but the old carburetor had two hoses connected to a connector., I pull off a hose, this carburetor has a single output return , where the hose was connected. i blow gas into the carburetor in case was empty, but no star. excuse me my English is not very good, I hope can help me if I'm wrong in something tanks

Comment

Well, there is not much i can do from across the country since your boat is pretty much a complete custom build. Is the fuel pump, pumping fuel??
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

i have only one engine, I bought the complete engine from a twin challenger 99, but mine is a 97 single challenger, but the carburetor connections change, the single engine that comes with the gas pump in the carburetor, but brings the twin engine mounted on the engine separately, maybe something wrong I'm connecting, I'll check everything again if you have any suggestions, please let me know. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X