Big question for technical support!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big question for technical support!!

Ok went out on my 96xp that I just bought. This was the first run for me to try it out. The engine runs great but I think I need to clean my carbs because it is not wanting to take the throttle fast off of idle. But the main thing I'm worried about is this loud rattling sound coming from what I think would be the drive system. The rattle only comes when you are going above half throttle or more and you back off a bit there is a terrible clunking or rattle sound and it starts to vibrate the ski. I checked the carbon bearing and it moves up and down about a 1/4". Does this sound right? Its held in with that rubber boot and does not rattle around while the engine is running so im not sure if its just that. Out of the water the rattle or vibration will come if you pop the throttle and let the rpm's come down to idle. Its like the shaft all of a sudden goes outa ballance. But I know the shaft is not out of ballance because it is smooth as glass with a load on or a other rpm's. I really need your help on this one guys. If anyone has an idea what I should look at please let me know. Thanks for your effort.
    Garrett Morrison
    p.s. The ski is awesome. Has tons of power, turns on a dime, and jumps out of the water great.

Take the driveshaft out and roll it on a flat table to see if it is bent.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Does it sound like my carbon bearing is still ok? Is the inner dia of the they carbon bearing sapost to fit the outer dia of the shaft with a tight tollerance? Mine can be moved around by about a 1/4". But the thickness of the carbon bearing is 3/8th of so and still has pressure on the metal piece on the shaft.
      Garrett

Comment

After looking at the microfich for seadoo, it looks like my engine will have to be removed in order to pull my drive shaft is this correct? Looks like I'll have to pull the pump, remove the impeller, then disconnect the drive shaft and slide it towards the front of the boat. I have never pulled the drive shaft but I guess there is a first for everything.
        Garrett

Comment

The shaft pulls right out the back after you remove the pump.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Gooooood! I was going to hate removing the engine. I have all the bolts off of the pump but cant get it off the haul. What is a good way of getting it off the haul without breaking the pump? I think it has some kind of a seal that is keeping it from wanting to come off. I'm also having a hard time removing the ride plate.
            Garrett

Comment

Make sure your inside cooling lines are removed, and then just pull and rock it. Some are sealed with silicone and it's really stuck on good!

Comment

The carbon ring is not your problem. It is quite a bit larger in diameter than the shaft.

You may need to make a pump puller if you cannot pry it out. I use a carpenters flat bar to pry them out.
                Bill O'Neal WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

You know who would have a fit over that I'm sure.

Comment

OMG is he still around?

Comment

Working...
                    X