1996 Sea-Doo XP Top End Power Decreases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Sea-Doo XP Top End Power Decreases

My 1996 Sea-Doo accelerates great but once you pass half throttle, it bogs down. Like it's not getting enough fuel to serve the demand. It's starts and idles fine.
    BTW...the machine has very few hours on it and is in great shape.
    Any help is very much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Mike

Re: 1996 Sea-Doo XP Top End Power Decreases

When is the last time the carbs were serviced? It does sound like a carb issue on the high speed jet to me.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

The carbs have never been serviced. The machine has very low hours. Is this something I can do myself? Do they sell rebuild kits? Appreciate the advice

Comment

Very low hours or not, it's a 14 year old ski.. Carb rebuilds should happen every 4-5 years. Doing it yourself? It depends on how mechanically inclined you are. Are you comfortable getting your hands dirty and reading instructions well?

first step is to get a manual. www.seadoomanuals.net has them for free. Look it over, if you still feel comfortable, look at the very top of this page for parts. You will need (2) carb rebuild kits, (2) carbs to intake gaskets and a pop-off gauge. If you have a problem figuring out what is what, call the # on the very top right corner of this page...

Just remember something.... Mess it up and your motor can seize... Take your time.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

U Can Do It!
          94 gtx, 96XP, 97XP,04 GTC SC,05 RXT & RXP

Comment

Working...
          X