carb adjustment on GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb adjustment on GSX

still have a slight dead spot when hitting the accelerator. I have high speed just slightly cracked, and low speed seated and opened 1 complete turn. That seemed to fix it one minute and after turn it off and restarting it went back to the same dead spot. Also very concerned that after reving, rpms are slow to come back down and even continue to reve. a couple of times I had to manuel pull the carb back, does not seem to be any external binding of cable, seems to be internal. Any suggestions

Re: carb adjustment on GSX

Open the lows to 1-1/4 see how it runs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

engine is now running away at start, can not adjust due to high rpm's, what is up with that

Comment

You sure you opened the lows and not closed them further? You either have an airleak from re-isntalling the carbs wrong, or your adjusters are NOT set correctly, or your throttle cable is too tight. I am betting on #1 or #2. When it runs away like that, it's called lean, very lean.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

double checked the lows, the are correct , in to seat, backed out 1 1/4. I have removed carbs and checked all orings on adjusters, I also am removing fuel selector valve to inspect for any air leaks, I recently replaced all fuel lines. Also I have inspected oil lines that are still on unit, although I have blocked off oil pump, they appear to be ok unless they are cracked. ( they are plugged off) . When disconnecting fuel supply line on carb I noticed pressure that seemed to spew gas and air, my fuel level is below 1/8, could I have sucked air from tank and could I had been air locked? just a thought.

Comment

Put more fuel in... If you are sucking up air with your gas, you will be lean....
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

added fuel, it will now run momentarily before building high rpms. before I added the fuel, it shot straight up. can not run it long enough to spray check for air leaks. any more suggestions

Comment

how many times have you tried? It takes a few times to get the fuel lines full and purged of air.

If it still does it after 3-4 times, open your lows just slightly, should calm it down.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

still no luck, ran engine for 5 - 10 minutes off and on still building rpms, opened lows 1/2 over spec. about to give it up. could my problem be because I am on the hose and have no resistance on pump???

Comment

you haven't put it in the water yet???
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

i would pull the carbs again i know it is a pain, and find the bind match the carb base gasket i have in the past seen the wrong gasket and the butterfly would hit and bind, when you find it all you can say is omg, you still have a air leak and need to fix it. let us know
                      94 gtx, 96XP, 97XP,04 GTC SC,05 RXT & RXP

Comment

How many rpm's are you talking about? Idle set spec for out of water is 3000 rpms. In water is 1500, 3000 might seem like its running away, just my .02

Comment

no, still on the hose, should that make any differance

Comment

Problem just occurred, no gaskets have been changed since it ran correctly.

Comment

starting at 3000 and building up to 6000+, I usually kill it at 4000,

Comment

Working...
                              X