97 GTI bogging mid rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GTI bogging mid rpm

I purchased a 97 gti this season and tried it for the first time several weeks ago. Noticed that it had an water leak on a fitting on the tuned pipe. Had that welded up, new gasket and tried the ski again. It had bogging issues from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle but once max rpm reached at 1/2 it would pull really hard and throttle past that. So I replaced the grey fuel lines and took it down to the local dealer to check out. They said it needed a fuel selector valve, a carb rebuild, and an oil resevoir (leaking). I had all this done and it was a bit over 600 bucks. Took it out the lake yesturday and the ski runs exactly the same. Took it back to the dealer where they agreed to look it over aging for no charge. Any thoughts?

Also for the future, to rebuild my carb (single BN40I) I am a little hazy as to which size needle and seat to get as there are several sizes.

The dealer did compression check (130, 130), Also stated that charging system functioning properly.
    The ski has an sbt motor in it from the previous owner season along with rebuilt carb (The original motor didn't have the carb support bracket and it broke and bolts went in intake and siezed orig motor).
    I also noticed there is no water coming out of the pisser when on the lake, but it does when on the hose (dealer flushed cooling system and stated no leaks or problems).

Re: 97 GTI bogging mid rpm

Your dealer seemed to have gone over the good stuff. I would suggest he looks at the carbs again, make sure the settings are correct and that everything is adjusted accordingly.

Also, he might want to look at the stator or RV timing. Too retarded and it could cause some low end bogging issues.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
    X