new to PWC 95 GTX help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to PWC 95 GTX help

Brand new to jetski's/PWC. Picked up a 1995 GTX, that was winterized 2 seasons ago, then never used. I put a battery in it and it fired right up. However there are a few things that aren't right with the ski.

First, the fuel/heat gauge don't seem to work. There is a red light that indicates the fuel is low, but it's almost full. Nothing will display except the red lights at start up. I cleaned some of the connectors, but haven't gone beyond that yet. Speedo works.

Also, the thing takes on water. After doing some reading on this site I will do the trailer trick and see if it leaks any where.

But I'm wondering if maybe something wasn't hooked up right for water expulsion from the cooling system after being wintereized? I'm sure the people I bought it from would have mentioned that it was taking on water. Unless something just wore out from sitting 2 years.

Re: new to PWC 95 GTX help

The fuel gauge is most likely the sender magnet has fell off do some searches on seadoo fuel sender repairs, my 95 spi did this, a drained gas tank, a coathanger and some time i had it put back together and its worked fine ever since. PS the magnet is only about 3/16" square so best to leave a touch of fuel in the bottom and not suck it out in your drain hose, lol.

As for the taking on water, the trailler trick is the best, could be a bad boot or clamp, make sure none of the hoses are pinched off or plugged and popped loose on you.

Comment

Back it down the boat ramp, leave it on the trailer, start it up and look for leaks.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I'll look into the fuel gauge thing. Filled it up with water and found no leaks. I did notice that one of the clamps around the shaft housing was a little loose. So tightend that down. Hopefully that's what it was :) Tonight I'll bring it over to the landing for testing.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
        X