96 gti throttle bogs down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 gti throttle bogs down

I just picked this ski up. We replaced the electronic key and fuel control. we cleaned the carbs also but not rebuilt. Put the ski in the water Sunday and it starts up right away no issues 1 to 2 cranks. When we were out within 2 to 3 minute I was at half throttle. and that was it. Could not achieve any higher speed. The ski would bog down. Tried it for a few minutes thinking it might work through nothing same problem. It would slow down and all of the sudden pick up speed again and drop off again. Now the ski sat for a while and had fuel from last season. Compression was good in both cylinders. The unusual thing is I pulled the plugs and they are new but were dry. Usually they would be a little moist with oil. lightly black colored. Any help would be appreciated.

Also the exhaust pipe has an epoxy patch on the elbow. It has a real slight drip coming from it. Did not notice it on the water but when it was on the flush kit I did.

One more thing I fuled up at the dock with a couple gallons of premix. Did I hurt it?

Thanks for any help.

Re: 96 gti throttle bogs down

Running the ski on old gas can damage the engine very fast. Drain the tank and put NEW fuel in it. When you cleaned the carbs did you clean the internal carb fuel filters? If not then do so. Fix the exhaust leak too.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 96 gti throttle bogs down

Originally posted by jststrd1 View Post
      One more thing I fuled up at the dock with a couple gallons of premix. Did I hurt it?

Thanks for any help.
      Depends... Is your ski set up for pre-mix? What was the ratio used at the pump? If your ski is still using the stock oil injection, then by adding pre-mix fuel, you made if way rich... Which can make it run like crap...

But, as TS said, drain the gas... From the tank, lines and water sep bowl. You will probably need to pull the carbs and clean out additional goo in the internal carb filters that could be causing issues as well...
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
      X