Reasonable Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable Price?

Okay.. I am wondering if I am getting a good deal or not?

I'm looking at a 1997 SeaDoo GTX Bombardier that has 162 hours on it. The seller says it runs great and has been serviced regularly. The body of the ski has a few scratches on the bottom. He's asking $1,500 for it. Is this reasonable or am I going to have problems?

I'm looking for a new ski because a piston went bad in my other 1995 Polaris I just bought 3 weeks ago.. I just don't want to have the same problems.

How many hours on a ski is 'to much'?

Re: Reasonable Price?

162 hours isn't that bad for a 13 year old ski. Look for cleanliness inside the engine compartment, see if the motor has been apart before (look for the paint off of the bolt heads). ask to see the service records, take a compression test and the most important thing... TEST RIDE!!!
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: Reasonable Price?

I think test ride is the most important part of this deal, if it performs great, when i buy a used ski i look at it like this, ok ski price plus new engine=how much its gonna cost in worst case scenario.

example my gsx paid 600 bux for it, spent around 800 on it, now its near perfect with good parts in it, so that = 1400, i'm happy with that invested in it. All boils down to if its a price you can be happy with, i always look at worse case scenarios and that way i feel safe when and if it goes to crap.

As far as price if the ski runs good for an hour raising hell on it go for it. I ride VERY hard so if one holds up to me for 30 mins then its pretty tough, i would give it a good hour ride and if your comfortable with the way it does and the price knowing that your gonna have to spend because things break, etc then go for it.

Comment

Working...
      X