Why is it they.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it they.

Well i bought a 2000 xp with a sbt motor. Which ran great! Had it for a week before she melted the right CYL. Ended up finding it was simply a clogged oil filter (DOH) So i ordered two new SBT 1.5mm pistons. And when calling the machine shop for quotes everyone of them said to stay away from sbt pistons!

The ski ran great before i ran it with clogged oil filter. pistons looked good for what they went though. So why the hate?

What do people say is so wrong, they always have something negative to say. But never a reason why!

Look forward to many hours with my sbt pistons :ROCKON!

Re: Why is it they.

I have ran them all.. To me, the type of piston I run is based upon the application that I am doing with the ski. By far, the best piston out there is the OEM piston, but you can't get those in 1.5 over. So, you have your options.

I have never had an SBT piston fail on me, and I had a ski that had quite a few hours on it with those pistons. It was the wifes ski and she likes to cruise, but occassionally I'll take it out an hammer on it. Never an issue.

If it was a ski that is going to be ridden very hard, probably suck water many times a day I would go with OEM or Pro-x, both are pretty forgiving when it comes to that.

When I was racing a modified ski (XPL), I ran Wiseco's. Those are great for racing applications ONLY.

The only piston I would recommend to stay away from is WSM.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Cool, i've never sucked water in any of my other ski's

STX 15f
      SPX
      GTX

I like doing some cruising across the lake. Make couple spins and minor stuff. Its mostly for my family to enjoy! The pistons came in today and looks great!

Im brining the stuff to machine shop tommrow.

This ski uses a MLS gasket, so im getting the head decked and jugs decked. But i noticed on the jugs. the sleeves were slightly raised! Is this for sealing purpose and should this not be milled?

Comment

Originally posted by dsolie View Post
        The only piston I would recommend to stay away from is WSM.
        I'm running WSM pistons without any issues. I had my cylinders done by Fullbore and bought the kit from them.

Comment

Working...
        X