04 RXP Problems with codes and ecu follow up to previous post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 RXP Problems with codes and ecu follow up to previous post

I was right I knew it after going back over the areas the troubleshooting book lists i.e. connector pins to ECU computer and other areas I was able to think of a new test. I ran power from the fuel pump connector and then checked the connector wiring harness pins I got NO POWER. This meant to me that one of the ECU output pins was damaged. Sure enough I was right that is the problem. I had to get a magnifier and a mirror to see the burnt plastic near the pin. I ended up scraping away the burnt plastic and fixed the problem the ski works fine. However I don't trust my half *** job of fixing it the CORRECT way is to get a new wiring harness connect (B) and re wire. Does anyone on here know where I can get one of those and how you go about sticking the wire in one of these small connector pins please advise me? Also I would still like to know what the heck caused the 1 ecu output pin to melt/go bad in the 1st place. My only guess is that whatever caused it to get hot and melt is probably the same problem/related to the code p1517. I say this because I never had this problem before and now after getting that code p1517 and it trying to find the compass all of a sudden the output pin fails I don't think that is a coincidence here. I think they are related one caused/contributed to the other. Please let me know any ideas you guys have on what caused this and how I can learn to fix this (i.e. put the wire in the output pin the way it was from the factory)? Thanks for you help in advance Dave

Re: 04 RXP Problems with codes and ecu follow up to previous post

Sounds like the fuel pump is going bad. Causing some heavy electrical load on that output! Or possibly corrosion on the pin for the ecu..

Take a pic for us!

Comment

I can take pictures when I get a day off which will be in the next 2 weeks.
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

There is a special crimping tool for those small pins. The pins themselves any dealer should have in stock. You will need a detent tool (or a lot of patience) to remove the pins from the connectors.

Sometimes just flaring out the ends of the pins a little more with a pick does the trick and gives it a solid seat too.

The burnt edges are literally burnt, it's from arc'ing. Seadoo put dielectric grease in all the connections, but after a while (especially in warm climates) it literally melts away. Part of my seasonal maintenance on all my ski's and customer ski's are dielectric coating everywhere!!!! If you get water in your hull it washes away faster (those gaskets are not very water proof).

Pull your 30amp fuse, that's usually where it starts... Almost ALL 4-tec's I have seen have that fuse burned a little... Tighten the ear on the fuse connection end and GREASE!!
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Hello there can you tell me where I can purchase a detent tool from? Also where can I get a crimping tool from as well? Thanks for your help very much.
          Dave

Comment

Any autoparts store
            Dan Solie -
            04 RXP (the "Instigator")
            94 xp (freestyle mods)
            95 xp (faster than the 94)
            JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
            X