96 GTI wheel turns left but ski goes straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GTI wheel turns left but ski goes straight

Was out on the water today and I went to turn to the left but the ski kept going straight. I can turn right but not left. the steering cone moves right to left out of the water. Is this a steering cable?if iti , is it an easy job on this ski? thanks for your help

Re: 96 GTI wheel turns left but ski goes straight

Does it move the same distance left and right?? Try having a friend hold the steering nozzle lightly while you turn it... Most likely your steering cable, or a connection. Look under the hood at the steering tree, make sure nothing is hanging off.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

when I turn the wheel the nozzle moves from left to right. I can grab the nozzle and move it from left to right and it will turn the wheel. It looks likes it moves the same from left to right.

Comment

What happens if somebody grabs the nozzle and you try and turn the wheel... What I am trying to gauge is resistance... When water is flowing through the pump, there is resistance, you need to mimick that out of the water.
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I held the nozzle and when turned to the right i could not hold it but turn to the left the nozzle did not move.

Comment

Steering cable is broken or disconnected near the steering column
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

having a problem removing the cable from the the hull. the through hull connection is fjust spins with the plastic fitting. I cut both ends of the cable.I can't get the black nylon nut off also the threaded cable end just spins round and round when i turn it.
              Last edited by jststrd1; 08-07-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Remove the nut from inside the hull. The plastic nut isn't a nut, it's a shell, held on by a small metal band. You need to remove the nut in the back, then push the cable out the back a little ways, then remove the shell piece. Then, the cable assembly get's pushed through the inside of the hull.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
                X