96 gsx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 gsx

we have to replace the end seal in a 96 gsx and are wondering what is the best way to get the counter balancer off?

Re: 96 gsx

If your doing it in the ski you will have to lock the crank down @ the starter then either with the removal tool or a pipewrench (preferrably removal tool) break it loose. Just some FYI it is TIGHT has loctite on the threads. Good luck, shouldnt be too bad if you have the tool and a good way to lock the mag flywheel down.

Comment

I would not reccomend removing the PTO in the ski, you can rip your motor mounts out of the hull if done incorrectly. Since you have to remove the motor to replace the rear crank seal... pull the motor first.

The best way, without the special tool is rope. put the PTO cyl at just an inch or so below the top and shove some rope in the sparkplug hole. Then rotate the piston up until it smashes the rope, not allowing the crank to make a full revolution.

remove the rubber end piece on the PTO and using a torch heat the crap out of the pto... Were talking HEAT. I usually spend 10 minutes with just the torch, heating up the area where the shaft flares out into the wheel portion. Once you think it's nice and hot, put the impeller tool in the PTO and using a breaker bar (3' min), and a buddy to hold the motor, spin the PTO off. Sometimes it helps if the person holding the motor (stepping on it, laying on it, whatever) also has a hammer and is tapping the PTO wheel.

She will come off, but it is a pain!
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

we have the motor out and we tryed holding on to the flywheel with a puller and waterpump pliers and twisting the counter balancer of with a pipe wrench and it will not come off well have to try heating it up.

Comment

WAIT! 96GSX.... Momentary brain fart...

Please describe your PTO to me. Is it one piece or two. Is there an inner circle held on by 6 allen bolts, then do this:
          Remove the 6 allen bolts, tap the coupler and that part will fall off
          Now, you will be left with an actual PTO. Using a harmonic balancer puller, thread in the balancer puller bolts as far in as you can to 3 of the spots and tighten the middle post. Use an impact wrench and the PTO wheel will pop off.

If yours is a white single piece PTO, then the original post, 2 up is for that PTO, use A LOT of heat.
          Dan Solie -
          94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

ours is a one peice

Comment

Bring out the torch!!
              Dan Solie -
              94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
              X