97 GTX two stroke oil seems excessive in the rotary valve area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GTX two stroke oil seems excessive in the rotary valve area

I have rebuilt the motor and bought a new sbt crank. I am afraid the oil that just runs down the tube to the bottom of the block will waist the new seals. Maybe I have the wrong hose? The one from the oil tank to the variable pump is still hooked up. Maybe I have the hoses reversed. Please let me know soon I have it together and ready to start tonight. cell after 3:30 Indiana time 317-408-2684.

Re: 97 GTX two stroke oil seems excessive in the rotary valve area

The rotary valve area is surrounded by a "bath" of oil There NEEDS to be oil in the entire center cavity of the motor. It is actually a loop.

The line with the oil filter goes to the pump. The other two create the loop, one hookup on each side of the motor.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 97 GTX two stroke oil seems excessive in the rotary valve area

Thanks for the help. Everytning was fine once it was hooked up. Just rebuilder parinoia I guess. I am having a problem now trying to get to WO. This ski is only running like 5500 at a burst and then back to 4500, then back to 5500? I am a toolmaker and saw when you look in through the 2 rotary valve ports there is a 25% blockage from what to me looked like a miss matched machine job at sea doo on the block halves. So I filed and dremeled and removed it. then polished it back up to the way it was. I thought this would make it run like it had new lungs. Do I need to up size the jets? I have opened the high speed screw on the carb 1/8 of a turn and noticed little or nothing. Should I go another 1/8 turn? I have 2 new posts from last night on page one of the forum. 97 GTX, and 99 XP. Help or ideas are greatly apriciated. I have 3 skis in the water and the 88 Yamaha is the only one that runs good, if you call that good. Kid passed me in a rubber raft on the way to the dam. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X