96xp-800 electrical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96xp-800 electrical issue

Testing MPEM in boat or out? Manual says testing must be done with all wires disconnected from circuit.This mean battery disconnected or all the wires in the mpem, or the wires coming into the front grey box? thanks

Re: 96xp-800 electrical issue

Depends on what you are testing for.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

hey dsolie, Have checked every connection,new charged battery,double checked all switches, all ground wires, turns over great when I jump the solenoid. Dash lights come on for a couple seconds, no beeps ever, checked the buzzer to see if I could make it beep[jumped it[ no go. Replaced starter solenoid. I have power and a click at the relay switch in the front grey box, tried 2 switches still will not crank with starter button. Will a bad buzzer prevent ski from starting or does the mpem need to be reprogrammed? I do not know history of ski, bought it in pieces with a junk motor,all the fuses are good, replaced motor with sbt motor and have yet to get running. Any thoughts? thanks

Comment

the beeper will not keep the system from starting.. it WILL tell you if you have a key that is not programmed to the MPEM though...

I would get the buzzer up and running and see how many beeps you get when you plug in the key...
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X