97 GSX problems help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GSX problems help!

Today I was 1997 GSX Seadoo on the Mississippi River and there was a A LOT of seaweed out. I kept having to clean out the water intake grate. I was out riding with a friend in part of the river which was mostly clear of seaweed. All of a sudden the jetski shut off and was very overheated (I'd only been running it about a half hour) took the seat off and smoke was pouring out. I had a boat tow me back to our beach. We cleaned out the grate and let it cool off. It started right up, but it obviously was clogged or something? Then it ran fine for about 30 feet then I had shut it off to clean out the grate (I ran over a bunch of sea weed) but when I started it back up it was like I couldn't get moving, so I got towed back the rest of the way home. We put it back on the trailer and cleaned it up and ran water through the lines, nothing major seemed to come out. The cylinders still have compression and there is still water going in through the lines to cool the motor. My rubber exhaust pipe must have melted a bit on the inside because there is a buildup in my exhaust exit pipe. (sorry I don't know the proper terms..) Can anyone tell me what could have possibly gone wrong? Or what to look for? Where could it be plugged?? Suggestions??

Thanks!

Re: 97 GSX problems help!

Time to take all the water lines off the ski and blow them out with compressed air. You will also need to replace the rubber hose that has now been compromised.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
    X