Sea-doo wear ring and impeller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea-doo wear ring and impeller question

Question on replacing wear ring in my 1991 seadoo .....I have a new SBT wear ring...it's a white Delrin 139.5 ring. Sbt p/n code. 78-101-02...I have removed the old wear ring which had multiple gouges and was missing a small piece of impeller. I read the seadoo service manual about pressing in the new ring......HOWEVER....My NEW wear ring easily slides in and does NOT require pressing in I checked it with the impeller and the I.D. seems correct and it is labeled seadoo.......Now I am wondering if it SHOULD have some kind of interference "press" fit to retain it from axial rotation.....I had read a few posts about drilling and retaining ring with a carriage bold....but with very little clearance this seems impractical....So anybody have any ideas? Is this normal on these wear rings to fit that loose? The old fiberglass ring required notching to remove and was tight... And my question about the impeller is in regards to repair or replacement.....It is stainless steel and says Jetlyne....Is this and OEM impeller or aftermarket? It is missing about a one inch by one and one half inches piece off the rear of the trailing edge of One blade......is this repairable? I seen SBT offers a $25 exchange on OEM props and just wondered if this was oem.

Re: Sea-doo wear ring and impeller question

When I have a loose ring, I just screw it with a small sheet metal screw. Holds fine.

The impeller you have is aftermarket, and I don't think SBT accepts those. You should look on www.pwctoday.com for a new prop
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

So is there any kind of Glue or cement that you recommend for installing this ring? Ultra RTV? So you are saying a couple self taping sheetmetal screws from outside the housing screwed into the wear ring (so as to not pertrude) to keep the ring from rotating? I was concerned this loose fit might cause cavitation issues by sucking air around behind the wear ring.

Comment

You can put a light amount of RTV in it. I have never had one so loose that there was "air space". Just a close fit that it could rotate.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Same issue when i got my new delrin ring : there is an option that desnt require drilling tapping etc:

Indian head tack cement (used for automotive gaskets) , have used this for years on cars, coated outside of ring and inside of housing let set for 10 mins, slid them together pulled them apart, removed excess from front face of ring, let set for 20 min, reinserted ring in(do this fast as it starts to stick) then let set for about 2 hours. Took to lake ran for 2 hours rechecked no spin or no issues. Currently have about 30-40 hours on this fix and no issues. Worked for me may not for you, lol you may tell me i'm retarded for doing it this way but hey it works and i like riding as cheap as possible and i didnt have to drill my housing for screws..

About 60 hours on this thing and it works perfect, no spinning or sloppiness.

As for the impeller, check craigslist out and see if someone is parting one out, i see complete pumps on e-bay all the time for 50 bux.

Comment

Working...
          X