about to shoot ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to shoot ski

i have purchased a 2000 seadoo xp and when i got it the pump was bad so i replaced the whole pump,centerbearing and put it all back together. it still was cavitating ,come to find out there was a rubber seal missing from the new pump so i have that fixed now is there anything else that can cause it to cavitate now?

Re: about to shoot ski

Ok back to the water today , first the ski just bogged down like tjere was trash in the carb then it finally planed out so I turned around and now when it gets to the rev limiter and tries to plane it will drop to 3500 rpms and the cycle starts all over

Comment

Sounds like the carbs need to be rebuilt, you need to check for an exhaust leak and see if the rear exhaust hose (the one that goes over the VTS box) is collapsing when you give it throttle.

Also, probably a good time to clean the raves
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks for the info ill try it and get back

Comment

If that doesn't work, make sure to use a 5.56 caliber or higher diagnostic tool....
          Dan Solie -
          94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

about to shoot ski

Looks like you had a good time the Alaw is being put to good use
            Some trusted resellers have affordable hovercraft for sale offers in the US.

Comment

just my luck,i put the gasket on the pump and it solved my cavition problem but when i got down the river the ski ran hot and burnt up the heads.can i just get away with a topend kit or should i just bite the bullet and get a new motor.

Comment

Depends on how hot it got. Most likely you can just get by with a top end, but look at the rods closely for warping and discoloration. Too much and the crank has got to go too.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

do you have any idea what caused it? water was coming out of all the pee holes when i put water to it at home but the 1/2 inch hose that goes to the back transom was off so i had to put it back on.could that have caused it.

Comment

also there is no discoloring on the bottom end of the motor just the heads. do you think it will be ok.and thanks again for the info Dan

Comment

what is the best tool to use to get the bottom bolt out of the exhaust it seems nearly impossible.

Comment

Depends on which hose.. There are 2. One is the main in, the other is the out. I would assume that it was the main IN that was off, and in that case, that was your problem... There was no water getting to the motor, at ALL.

Do a compression test.. You "might" be lucky and be fine.
                        Dan Solie -
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

it burnt the hoses off so i replaced them and you can see where the valve caps got hot but i pulled thm out and they still work and the heads are gold instead of silver but that might be from gas im not sure but thanks i will try to start it after checking compression it should be 120 or higher right?

Comment

Yup. 120 or higher. The raves melted because of the high heat. You will probably need all new rave assemblies, or at least good used ones. After a good overheating, those paddles and even the rave housing can get very weak... Don't want to drop a paddle in the motor at high RPM.. bad things happen.
                            Dan Solie -
                            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Ok so I got home and tried to start the ski but the cylinders had water in them is that from putting water through it without it running or is the head gasket cracked or matbe something else also the back cylinder is a little weaker than the front if the water was all dried out it acts like it would run

Comment

Working...
                              X