2010 RXT-X 260 with 87 Octane fuel:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 RXT-X 260 with 87 Octane fuel:(

Hey everyone. I recently filled my 2010 RXT-X 260 up with 87 because that was all we could get. Forgetting about the fuel octane, we ran our ski's back from a long trip at about 5500-6400 rpm with one stretch where I saw 8060 for maybe 20 sec.. I guess my question is this, have I done damage to my ski since I had so low of an octane in it and ran it this way. I had not lights or knock/pinging I could hear. I am going to get this gas out as soon as I can. Any input would be greatly apprciated. Thank you.
    John

Re: 2010 RXT-X 260 with 87 Octane fuel:(

I would be more worried about this crap ethonal they force us to buy, i think you are ok just fill it up with hi test an add some good stabilizer.

Comment

Re: 2010 RXT-X 260 with 87 Octane fuel:(

You will be fine. The ski has a built in knock sensor that will adjust the fuel mapping and timing for running lower octane fuel. It's okay to do it on occasion, but don't make a habit of it.

If you feel like you want to run lower octane more often, I'll trade you any of my skis listed below for yours... :)
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
      X