2001 RXDI Running Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 RXDI Running Rich

Just replaced engine and is now running rich,fouling plugs. Oil pump is adjusted to proper settings, marks are aligned but seems to be dumping too much oil. pinched off oil supply and ran it with oil mixed with the gas, ran better and didn't foul the plugs. Will it damage the engine in any way if i discontinue using the oil pump and just mix oil with the gas just like any other 2 stroke?

Re: 2001 RXDI Running Rich

running pre-mix can damage the fuel injectors.
    Last edited by Technical Support; 09-15-2010, 08:47 AM.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

any idea what's causing the plugs to foul? when i pull the plugs, they are very black and wet with fuel/oil mixture.

Comment

It's because you are over oiling.... Remove the pre-mix fuel, run regular fuel and let the oil injection do it's work. Also, you will need to replace the plugs.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

i had already removed the pre-mix for the break-in, put fresh gas along with a new fuel module that came with new filters. still ran rich, so i wanted to find out if the oil pump was dumping too much oil, i pinched the oil supply, then pre-mixed again, it ran better, but the plugs are still very wet but not oil fouling. what could cause it to run so rich?

Comment

You injectors could be trashed, your plugs could be toast, your in tank and out of tank fuel filter could be fouled with oil....
            Dan Solie -
            04 RXP (the "Instigator")
            94 xp (freestyle mods)
            95 xp (faster than the 94)
            JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
            X