SeaDooi XP 96. Weak starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaDooi XP 96. Weak starter

I have been on deployment for the last year and I am now working on the jet ski's to get them ready for winter storage. I tried to start the ski but the starter would not turn over the engine. I tried jumping the battery and replacing it with another one to see if I just had a bad battery. The engine will not turn over with the spark plugs in. With the spark plugs removed it turns over but I can tell it's to weak to start because when I put my fingers over the spark plug holes the engine will bog down. You can easly turn the engine over with the fly wheel so the engine is not binding.Has anybody heard of a starter that just won't produce enought torque to turn over the engine. Just wondering if i need a new starter or if there may be another problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bryan

Re: SeaDooi XP 96. Weak starter

Bryan, either the starter is too weak or you have a corrosion issue in your power or ground cable that attaches to the starter. I would pull those wires first and peel back some of the sheathing. If there is frayed wires or a lot of rust, it could be from that.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
    X