2002 Seadoo GTX RFI MPEM connector 278000993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Seadoo GTX RFI MPEM connector 278000993

I'm pretty sure that the Seadoo part # 278000993 is on many models of Seadoos.

I now own a 2002 GTX RFI, and this part I reference is the connector from the LCD multi-function gauge to MPEM.

I bought this Seadoo as is from an unpaid storage facility auction... the gauges/deflector and a few other items were missing. I've located and purchased the correct parts/gauges via ebay and craigslist.

The LCD multi-function gauge I bought has both clips broken off the end that goes to MPEM. Seadoo part # 278000993
    I just ordered a replacement Seadoo part # 278000993.

I have not received the new part yet, so I have not yet made any attempts to disassemble the old connector. I've seen some Seadoo electrical connector tools on ebay.

My question is, does anybody have any experience swapping one of these connectors? Should I buy that tool? (which looks like one of those multi-tip screwdrivers without the multi-tips)

Thanks,
    Steve

Re: 2002 Seadoo GTX RFI MPEM connector 278000993

It's called a detent tool, available at ALL autoparts store for a whole lot cheaper.
    Yes, it's worth it!!
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks Dan!

Comment

Like Dan said, Using the tool is a must. You will not damage the pins if you use it correctly.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X