2000 xp questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 xp questions

i had spoke with Dan before and its been awhile since ive been on here do to the winter. so heres the skinny.i just installed a brand new sbt top end kit including the cylinders on my ski. is there any concerns you can tell me about or anything i need to do before i try to put it in the water. i have tried to start it and it wont start. is there anyway i can check to make sure its firing. it was running when i started the rebuild. it just had bad compression. thanks for any help you can give.

Re: 2000 xp questions

ok i have grounded the plug to the block and no spark when i turn it over where do i start?

Comment

Before you do anything else, make sure your battery is providing at least 10.5 cranking volts while cranking over the engine.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

just bought and charged the battery yesterday it is at 12 volts

Comment

Does your ski have a small black wire that is connected to the neg. side of the battery?
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

not at this time it doesnt.should there be. this ski ran and fired fine before i installed the parts on the motor and since none of the stuff i put on it require any electrical parts to be removed i dont understand why its not fireing.
            Last edited by curious; 03-14-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Does the ski beep when you plug in the lanyard. so the gauges come to life? Is it cranking just won't start, or is there no power at all.
              Dan Solie -
              04 RXP (the "Instigator")
              94 xp (freestyle mods)
              95 xp (faster than the 94)
              JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

yes i get two beeps when i plugg the lanyard in and it will spin over fine just no spark

Comment

i found the problem the stator plug was unplugged.....where do i need to set the red cap on the rave valves for it to be in the correct position for a .5 bore. or is the factory setting at flush with the cap fine.thanks for all your help.

Comment

Leave it where it OEM sets it.
                    Dan Solie -
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

ok when i changed the caps i set them back to where they were on the old ones so thanks for all the help.

Comment

now that all the rebuild is complete on the Rave valves the ski will not hardly turn over and when it does it tries t back fire it has to be in the rave vavles since it wasnt doing this before please give me some help i am about at my wits end with this ski.

Comment

the black caps that screw on to the gilatine didnt look the same on the inside on the oem there was a spring and n oring and on the sbt there was nothing i called sbt and they said it would work but it doesnt unless i have something different.....which they are pretty simple so i dont think i do.

Comment

Did you assemble the raves correctly? When you compress them do they return by themselves?

Have you looked at the microfiche and made sure that you have EVERY SINGLE part needed in the assembly?
                            Dan Solie -
                            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

i ordered evrything sbt offers for the rave but as i said on the other post it didnt come with the spring or the gromet that hlds the o ring that goes under the screw on part of the vavle but the tech at sbt said it would work. i guess i should have just ordered oem stuff and been done with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X