95 spx still boggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 spx still boggs

ive had the carbs replaced with carbs from a 94 xp and had them rebuilt. ive replaced all all fuel lines, fuel filters, and fuel selector and my latest mechanic says it seems to run rough on the trailer and quote "is all over the place" he thinks it needs to be rejetted with the jets from my original carbs. im not so sure that would do the trick. rotary timing is fine. compression is 150 each hole. could it be the rectifier or just need the carbs tuned better, etc? what do you guys think?
    sigpic

Re: 95 spx still boggs

You can try the jetting and also try unplugging the rectifier to see if that fixes it. You have DONE a lot of work to that thing... Its starting to get difficult throwing things out there that could be the problem... You have fixed them all!
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I know!! I have been working on this thing since September of 09! Ive replaced the wear-ring, impeller, starter, fuel line, filters, fuel selector valve and had 2 sets of carbs rebuilt along with 2 compression tests! Im determined to get it going tho. BUT, my latest mechanic called today and noticed that there is only 1 fuel pump on the 94 xp carbs. Shouldnt there be 2 on the originals? Maybe I shot myself in the foot or is that not a prob? And I will try the rectifier idea. My mechanic is set on a carb problem though.
      sigpic

Comment

um... your mechanic scares me... They ALL have one fuel pump.

Here is an idea and it's crazy I know.... Ever thought of changing mechanics? lol

The really funny part is.. I will be in Dallas this Thursday, but only for 20 hours for a quick meeting. If I had an extra day, you and I would have torn into that sucker!
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

man it IS a new mechanic! haha well i did notice i was running a smaller needle and seat than needed so maybe thatll help when i get the correct size. and ill try your rectifier idea. my fingers are crossed! and enjoy the big D! i personally dont like it, such rude drivers up there!
          sigpic

Comment

I'll only be here today, then off to San Antonio tonight until Monday. Looking at where Rosebud is, looks like you are smack dab in the middle lol.
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

yeah it is. Im actually in Sugar land at the moment at school! Even then I think San Antonio is still around 3+ hours away. I think this thing is just cursed.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X