98 Seadoo xp Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Seadoo xp Limited

I have a 98 seadoo limited that I just got. I ran it down the Missouri River about 3 miles, then about half way back it started to die. It would start but didnt want to run, if you messed with the choke a little it would stay running but wouldnt take off. Got it out of the water, hooked up some jumper cables and it fired up and ran out of water like nothing was wrong. Next day put it back in the water and it wouldnt run. Could this be because the battery is no good. I dont think anything got sucked up in it. It seems like when the battery is about dead, after I try to start it, it will beep twice then I have to take the saftey lanyard off and hook it back up before I can try to start it again. Could it be an exhaust problem I didnt have time to mess with it but I did see a clamp that came lose, not sure where it came from just seen that it was around the exhaust. I'm really not sure about about seadoo's it my first, and I'm open for any suggestions.

Thank you

Re: 98 Seadoo xp Limited

I've got two Y2K Xp and mine exhibited the exact symptoms as yours...my problem was the boot at the rear of the D/S that prevents water from coming into the hull; mine slipped off and the entire rear end started flooding, thus cavitating and not wanting to get up much past idle!! Did you notice if yours was taking on water? Mine was a gradual leak, so it wasn't too noticeable. (until I got it on the trailer and pulled the drain plugs!!)

Comment

Compression test? How old is the fuel? last time the carbs were serviced?
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I did a compressoin test, and sure enuff thats what it was. Yay

Comment

Working...
        X