Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 GTX RFI Ride Plate removal

SBT,

Trying to remove the ride plate to fix a little crack in the hull along the plate. Any tips on getting it off? Is there some sort of trick with a wedge ? The manuel I have says you need to remove the pump but on this gtx rfi the plate is not attached at all to the pump or pump support.

Also what is good to re-seal it once I put it back on?

Thanks,
    davidj

There should be 6 bolts holdingthe plate on, and some silicone. It will pry off once you get the bolts out. Use silicone to reseal it, making sure to remove any left over bits.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i had to reseal my pump support, so i also had to doo the shoe, plate and grate on my 99 gtx rfi. easy job(with the help of the boards).

the plate should drop with the pump and pump support on. use the right stuff, you will need the 8oz can not the small 4 oz.

also plan on resealing the shoe, it will drop right out. when you pull the plate.

tips i learned last week dooing it:

use a painters 5 in 1 tool to scrape off 95% of the right stuff, then use some window cleaner and a kitchen pad with the hard scrubber on one side, it will work most of it off, clean up the residue with some acetone. also there is a neopren seal across the ride plate, order it ahead of time, or you can use a large bead of right stuff(thats what i did) next time i'll get the seal(you still need some sealant across the top of it).

i just used a large screw driver and slowly worked it off.

torque to 16 ft lbs(double check that), use blue loctite.
      remember the grate bolts use very little torque

email me if you need any help. i have some pics if needed.

[ April 05, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: griff350 ]
      99, 01 gtx rfi's

Comment

Thanks for the help. It took me a hell of a time to pry it off. Just the plate came off not the shoe.

I just bought some waterproof RTV silicone sealant. What's the diiference between that and the "right stuff" and where can I get the right stuff.

Thanks again for the help and do you have any tips with epoxying.

davidj

Comment

The right stuff will last a long time where the silicone will only last for a while the get sucked out. You can get it at NAPA or a lot of auto parts stores. Be prepared for the price it is not cheep.
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

thanks for the help, i really appreciate it!

davidj

Comment

Working...
            X