No announcement yet.

Amsoil Interceptor gone wrong at 50:1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amsoil Interceptor gone wrong at 50:1??

Is it possible to ruin a engine "951" doing premix with Amsoil Interceptor at 50:1?? Some say 40:1, some say 50:1 but Amsoil is a great oil... my engine did bent a connecting rod and shattered the cylinder but the sleeves are intact!! Can someone explain al least something here, right now I am in the dumbness!!

Re: Amsoil Interceptor gone wrong at 50:1??

A bent connecting rod can be caused by, Hydro locking on fuel or water, if the cylinder and piston are not scored up, I'd have to say its not an oil issue.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

one cylinder, the same side that has the bent rod, shattered one "skirt " of the cylinder and the pieces were trashed in the lower crankcase by the crankshaft and made a hole in the crankshaft...the spark plug in that side, the electrode shifted about 1/4 inch up in the plug base and the upper ceramic portion of the spark blew away... I will attach some pictures here

One thing that is confusing is that it looks like the pieces of the cylinder got inside the rod on the lower bearings...
      Attached Files

Comment

i said cylinder for piston, sorry for that, the sleeves "cylinders" are nice, no damage in them, both sides

Comment

You might have had water in the engine at some point and started rusting the lower rod bearing, that would cause the failure that we see, that would explain the bent rod too

Comment

Also I cant see any excessive heat signs on the lower part of the rod to blame it on the oil, most of the time you see a rod bend like an S shape its from a hydro loc, that engine may have bent that rod a while ago from water intrusion and the water started rusting up the lower bearing and then it failed.

Comment

Working...
            X