96 Seadoo XP _ bogging and no thrust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Seadoo XP _ bogging and no thrust

96 Seadoo XP _ bogging and no thrust. My 96 XP starts and and runs fine out of the water. When I put it in the water, it runs ok for about 5 minutes, then it appears loose power and bog when I try to accelerate (full throttle). I replaced the plugs and cleaned the fuel filter, emptied the gas tank, and replaced with fresh gas; however, no change. Engine has good compression on both cyliners (151 and 153). It does not feel like a carb issue (but I am guessing...). I was wondering if the jet pump drive unit could be the problem. Perhaps the drive pump is siezing up after running a few minutes, due to a bad bearing. Or maybe there is something wrong in the rave exhaust... I am not sure where start. Can someone please help me try to find what is wrong with my jetski? Thanks, Brian

Re: 96 Seadoo XP _ bogging and no thrust

You start with the carbs. How long since a carb cleaning? Did you have stabilized fuel in it over the winter? How long since she last ran well? Any mods?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I had the carbs rebuilt about 1 1/2 year back. During the winter we added Stabil in the tank. The machine wasn't ran since last spring (April). But at that time it seemed to run ok. The jetski is stock (no mods). Thanks..

Comment

When it starts to bog try choking it a small amount to see if it picks back up, if so then go back into the carbs again.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X