99XPLTD Bendix problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99XPLTD Bendix problem

Hi all Im back here again with more issues with my seadoo. I just had rebuilt the motor and I was trying it out and got it running. So I left it for about a week since the weather here hasnt been the best. I went to start it again and all I could here is that the starter was spinning not turning the flywheel. So I waited and tapped the starter motor with a long screw driver and still no go. I knew what was in store now I had to pull off the magneto casing and check it out. Turns out I found the bendix jammed up against the top washer and lock ring. Upon removing it I found the small o ring spring that holds the 3 cams in place was broken. So seems like an easy fix but do u think I can find a spring like that .....NOT. I can buy a bran new bendix on ebay but they want more for shipping than its worth. Anyone know where I can find a spring for it? I can post a pic if needed. But I'm wondering if its just the spring or the bendix itself that caused it to snap,and I know I probably should just get a new bendix rather than risking having it go again. I did have water get into the magneto casing last year and it was all rusted but I cleaned it all up and lubed it up good with anti seize,and it was working good. And how smooth does the gear part that engages the flywheel have to turn mine feel a tad bit rough but it does turn free enough Can anyone explain how or the purpose of those cam segments are they in there for counterbalance or do they brake it somehow? thanks
    Attached Files

Re: 99XPLTD Bendix problem

No one rebuilds them, SBT sells an aftermarket one at a resonable price check the web site.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X