Another oil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another oil question

I just bought two used jet skis, a 96 XP & a 97 GSX,. Both people have used standard Seadoo oil and not synthetic at the suggestion of SBT. Both skis have had the motors replaced with SBT engines. From what I read they should be using synthetic oil.

Also one has a oil block plate & the other one doesn’t I want them to be the same, which way should I go? The ski with the block of plate has the tank attached but no pump.

Please help me out, I am new to this and want to do it right.

The very best way is to buy a new pump - as long as the pumps, lines, fittings, filters, check valves and tanks are good - it's a better solution, and much easier. It's also much more expensive than going pre-mix with a block off - your call.

We do not suggest mineral for the 800, we simply say that it's ok to use. The 800 does not require synthetic, however the rave valves will stay cleaner much longer, if you use it. Either way you must use the Sea-Doo oil.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If I change over to synthetic can I just drain the tank or do I have to pull off all the hoses & remove all the old oil.

Comment

If you stay with the same brand, just use as much up as possible and refil withthe new.

Comment

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy a oil pump?

Comment

Try www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
            X