Seadoo 951 flywheel removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo 951 flywheel removal

I have a Seadoo GTX DI aqnd I need to get the flywheel off to replace the starter drive.( I'm trying to do this w/o removing the motor). The case got some water in it and the mag flywheel is frozen on. I removed the nut and soaked the shaft area for a few days with PB Blaster. I put the puller on I got from SD tightened it and tapped the center bolt and kept torqueing the bolt and tapping for hours now and it hasn't budged. The remover tool only grabs a few threads on the wheel and I think I may have stripped those from tightening. Any ideas out there? Can I heat the area or will it damage some seals? Should I take off the 6 6mm bolts that hold the rotor onto the mag wheel to try to gain some more threads for the puller? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

Re: Seadoo 951 flywheel removal

Take the engine out of the ski, put it on the work bench to work on it life will be much better.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I pulled the engine out. I need to get the mag cup off to get more threads on the puller tool but the 6 star bolts won't budge. If I could get at least 3 off I could use a regular puller. I have a set of star socket drives. Do these come in metric or just one type?, the one that seems to fit has a size 30 on the socket but it still would just strip out the center with little pressure. Any ideas?? Thanks

Comment

Yes, you need to get a metric set of HEX socket drives.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
        X