1995 gtx carb rebuild question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 gtx carb rebuild question

I am rebuilding the carbs on my 1995 GTX. I have searched the forums and found a really good right up on the process. I am confused though on what the pop off pressure is supposed to be. Sea Doo PWC Carburetor Reference says it should be between 19 and 35 for a 1995 GTX. In the manual from seadoo page 06-03-06 it says between 16 and 21 psi. in the Mikuni SBN mannual it says shinny silver spring 65 grams 32 psi. in this post http://www.pwctoday.com/f15/need-nee...es-213467.html It says I should use a 95 gram spring which takes me back to the Mkuni manual that says a 95 gram spring provides 43 psi pop off with 1.5 n/s
    I am now at the point of information overload and I am very confused because nothing matches. I am considering using the old springs and hope that the previous owner did not butcher a previous rebuild and the pop off pressure is correct.

I do not own a pop off tester and will convert a Radiator pressure tester to assist.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. it would be nice to not have to tow the ski back every time I use it.

Some other quick info Engine is rebuilt from SBT. I purchased ski last year and used 5-6 times (previous owner installed engine). This year it has been fouling plugs and loading up. Fuel lines have been replaced and fuel filter on tank cleaned and fuel tank cleaned. Last time out it ran great for the first 1/2 day and then my daughter took it out and it did not want to stay running she held it at full throttle to get back to the boat and it was barely running. I returned to the dock with ski and all of sudden it would snap to life and jump out of the water and go then it would die. Throttle response from low end to top end is fantastic and very responsive when it is running correctly.
Working...
X