2005 Sea Doo Challenger Ignition Problem Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Sea Doo Challenger Ignition Problem Please Help

I have a 2005 sea doo challenger 180 SC. Randomly I can not get the engine to turn over. It will work fine for days and now it seems to be happening more often. I have power to all electronics and the key buzzer beeps as it should when inserted but as soon as I press the red start button nothing happens. I can push it over and over again and still nothing. Eventually after maybe 20 times of hitting the button it will start up great and give me no problems the rest of the day. I have verfied each time I am in the neutral position and tried turning on/off the battery power knob. This happend once while on the water and I am afraid one day I will not get it to start and be stranded.

When I have this problem and push the start button, I can hear a "click" coming from under the drivers side near the fuse box like a relay is being engaged. Any ideas on what I can start to replace?

Re: 2005 Sea Doo Challenger Ignition Problem Please Help

Sounds like the starter solenoid is failing. Replace. The good thing, it's a pretty cheap part.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
    X