Average life of a 951?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average life of a 951?

I have 2002 seadoo xp i bought it two years ago used it for a year and the motor locked up. That motor was the first one it had. i got a new 951 from sbt running great for over a year now. Going premix now and mixing at 40-1 almost never running it a full speed. Mostly when riding its at 4500 or 5000 rpms i baby it now. ive heard that the 951 just really itsnt a good motor that will not last a long life. Any clue on the Averga life of a sbt 951?

Re: Average life of a 951?

If you take care of it and use good oil and fog it when it sits up for a while then it can last for yrs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Keep water out of it, keep it fogged in the winter/extended times and keep her oiled and she will last for 100's of hours.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

my SBT 951 was installed summer of 2006 still running strong

Comment

My used 2002 951 DI lasted 150 hours and 9 years. Obviously not used much. I have 50 hours on an SBT premium engine, still under warranty. I will be de-winterizing this weekend. I have seen a lot of posts saying 150-200 is average.

Comment

Working...
          X