Interval of top end rebuild on 787 RFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interval of top end rebuild on 787 RFI

Should the top end on a 787 RFI be rebuilt at some interval hourly interval? I have 2 GTX RFI's with 150~200 hours on them. Both are running fine, but due to the drought in TX they are out of the water for the remainder of the summer and I was wondering if I should rebuild the top end. Are there any checks other than compression that can provide some idea of the life left in one of these motors? Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: Interval of top end rebuild on 787 RFI

No interval on rebuilding that I have ever heard of. As long as the compression is good and the ski is running fine I wouldn't touch it except to keep the general maintenance issues (spark plugs, jet pump oil changed, etc.) up to speed. One thing I would track is the oil injection pump setting to make sure that it stays correct as the cable stretches out with age which is what killed my 96 GTX motor after 10 years. My other 96 GTX is still running strong after 15 years with only minor maintenance performed.

Comment

+1.. If it isn't broken, don't touch it.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Amen, brother!

Comment

Working...
        X