slight hissing from around #2 sparkplug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight hissing from around #2 sparkplug

Took my doo for the last run of the season on the weekend, when i was checking the bilge for water I heard a slight hissing coming from around #2 spark plug threads, the plug was torqued to the proper tightness as per my shop book, any ideas is my head bad ?

Re: slight hissing from around #2 sparkplug

Was there water anywhere? Was the head unusually hot? How did it run over the weekend? Have you pulled the plug yet and looked?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

It worked awesome, the was a little (very little water ) around the spark plug hole indent, I took the plugs out when I fogged the engine, the are in both the same condition clean and no water on them, I just wondering if I might be developing a potential problem > In the head were the spark plugs go it looks like there is an outer hole, almost as if the spark plug threads are pressed in the head, it looks like it could be leaking around there.

Korey

Comment

There is a shell at the top of the head that is a water jacket. You can pull the head bolts off and the shell will come right off. It's is sealed by o-ring, so as long as there isn't any damage to the ring, you can put it back on. The spark plug is also sealed there by an oring from the shell. Good place to look.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks for your expert advice, will start there, Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X