Empty old gas gtx 4tec 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty old gas gtx 4tec 2004

My gas is about 2 years old and it doesn't have the marine stabilizer in it. I need to empty it and start fresh. I tried a siphon in the tank where you put the gas in but there is plenty more gas that I can't get to. Am I missing some secret place to shove the siphon hose that I'm not seeing from the opening? Is there a way to get rid of the gas and start fresh? I can't seem to figure out where the best place is. Thanks for your help!
    I haven't been on this thing due to an illness for 2years. I'm going to replace the battery. I changed the oil last year and the plugs. Is there anything else I'm missing that you think I should do before putting them in the water? One is supercharged and the other isn't.
    I really don't want to have to swim it back in again. Not fun.

Re: Empty old gas gtx 4tec 2004

Sometimes you can remove the filler hose going to the tank to help get access deeper into the tank.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
      Sometimes you can remove the filler hose going to the tank to help get access deeper into the tank.
      +10
      but don`t make yourself nuts over it. Like the Tech said, remove the filler hose and siphon out what you can and add premium regardless if it is SC or not. be sure all seems well and runs correctly before mashing on it... my concern would be the injectors. I would not add seafoam or any other chemical at this time...
      I would, install new plugs if not done so already.
      in regards to the oil, I would probably run to get warm and dump the oil. If the filter is new I`d leave that, but depending on where and how it is stored, oil can trap moisture which leads to acid in the oil and bearings don`t like that... cheap precaution fro longevity...
      good luck!

PS, I use one of those clear hose with the squeeze bulb type siphon for removing fuel. To keep the hose straight and to get in the lowest point of the tank I zip tie a 3/8 wooden dowel to the end about 16" long and place the hose where I want to... very easy and effective!
      1998 SeaDoo Challenger 1800

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to work on them this weekend.
        Good to know about the oil too. I'll change that out too. I was thinking it was ok because I had not used ski since I changed last year. Great advice!

Comment

Originally posted by mojoredbeak View Post
          Thanks for the advice. I'm going to work on them this weekend.
          Good to know about the oil too. I'll change that out too. I was thinking it was ok because I had not used ski since I changed last year. Great advice!
          No Prob! I have to do this myself in the jet boat...
          be safe!
          1998 SeaDoo Challenger 1800

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X