2004 GTX SC water ingestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 GTX SC water ingestion

Not a good day on the water. I decided to take out the 2004 GTX supercharged. Ran perfectly fine all day. Left it in the water overnight moored in about 12" of water. Somehow water filled the bilge to a level slightly near the supercharger. Not know this at this point I took it out for the morning spin. I as I hit a few wakes I felt something wasnt right (would ingest water from the wake jumping) I pulled it onshore. I had milky oil. Keep in mind this is a fresh water lake. I very quickly pulled the plugs and spun it over plugs were bone dry and no water came out of the cylinders. I quickly pumped the milkshake out and put fresh oil in (XPS Oil) I drove it back to the ramp very gently (about 4 minutes) and surprisingly ran perfectly fine even when I pushed it for a few seconds. I loaded it up and once again pumped the oil (still milkshake) and filled it back up with some 10W 40 (regular vehicle oil) just to flush the system without starting it at this point. I ran a gallon through with finally sucking all that out. I checked compression 135-132-135. This was last night there is no oil in there now as I have evacuated everything I could.

I was going to put some XPS oil in today and ride it.

what is the professional opinions? Is it toast?

Re: 2004 GTX SC water ingestion

Remember to change the oil filter afew times otherwise your oil pressure will be low, You can use regular castrol gtx 10w-40, thats what sea-doo sold us in bulk amounts at our dealership for service work. Keep changing the oil till everything is clear and the filter too.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks admin, So in your professional opinion the moisture that has sat in there overnight shouldnt be too big of a concern considering I flushed it twice?

Comment

You should be ok but change the oil and filter 2 more times, filter is real important.

Comment

Sure thing. Thank you for your help.

On a off topic question. Do you offer a discount if purchasing two engines the same time? Two Yamaha 2008 FX SHO? A friend lent his out last season the the borrowers flushed them like a outboard forcing water through exhaust and sitting all winter.

Comment

We dont do discounts on engines, at this time we dont offer the SHO motors yet but will next season.

Comment

Working...
            X