93 seadoo xp dead motor help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 seadoo xp dead motor help !!

Hi there, I recently cooked my connecting rod bearing at the crank on my 651cc. The cylinder wall looks great without gouges or scratches. I was hoping someone had a link to a video or pdf as to removing the engine from the boat. I am hoping to salvage the motor but looking for advise from anyone with experience as this would be my first rotax tear-down.
    Thank you,
    Shaun

Re: 93 seadoo xp dead motor help !!

Over at PWCtoday.com you can download the shop and usuers manuals for free. Check that out. Here is the link...http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=128441
    Last edited by btodd29; 06-21-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

SBT does have some removal guilds in the tech articles section on this web site, Yours is pretty simple, remove the exhaust system from the engine, disconnect the electrical from the engine, remove the carbs and intake, unbolt the engine from the mounts, slide it foward and pull it out.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's. 1 more question I have.... Do I need to pull apart the pump housing at all on the back of the boat??? Do does the motor slide forward off the driveshaft without touching anything ????

Comment

Yes you can pull it foward and off the drive shaft, pull the rubber boot back first thats on the pto coupler.

Comment

awesome.. Tks for the help, going to start removing it tonight as I already have it half tore down with the jugs off and exhaust off. Should I re-attach my jugs so I can get the flywheel nut and pto off ??? I assume that would be the easiest way ?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
              X