No announcement yet.

Please HELP!! 93 Seadoo will not START!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP!! 93 Seadoo will not START!

Okay, so I just finished rebuilding my 657 in my '93 seadoo xp after finding out it had a bad brass gear on the rotary valve assembly. It was completely shaved clean. So i got a new assembly on there, clean the crank case out of debris, put new rings and gaskets in the whole motor. The carbs were rebuilt as well. It started up like a beast the first time. As soon as fuel hit it, BAM! it ran so great! I took it out on the water to break her in and I was idle through a no wake zone, then on the other side of the no wake zone I throttled up(about 20-25%) and it just bogged. So i gave it 100% throttle and it still wouldn't go anymore than 25% actual throttle on the motor, but the trigger was at 100%. Since then I cannot get it to start AT ALL. I got it to sputter a little bit after changing the spark plugs. Has good fuel with a little richer ratio of oil to gas due to it being the first tank through it with new rings. I checked compression and its at 150 on both cylinders. Rotary valve is timed perfectly. I have constant spark. The engine is getting fuel, because I pull the plugs out and they are moderately wet. I am SO lost and have no idea why it will not run. I got it to run a max of maybe 2-3 seconds when I put the new plugs in and then it would backfire through the carb and quit. Everytime I got it running it would run until it backfired through the carb and then it would stop. It's not even a loud backfire, it is more of like a spray or sputter of fuel and smoke. Like i said rotary valve is time and everything is fine, from what I can see. Can anyone give me any help. I'm desperate for some ideas!!

Re: Please HELP!! 93 Seadoo will not START!

Anyone? Seriously.

Comment

just a thought, but if you flooded the crank it will do a lot of what your saying. Try tipping it on its side where the carbs are..and seeing if any fuel/etc come pouring out of the carbs. I had a stuck oil injector and I rolled mine over to where the handlebar was touching the ground...and boy did stuff start pouring out.....take your plugs off as well...then crank it a few times and see if your pistons spit anything out of the plug holes.
      my ski never left the 80's

Comment

I would check the rotary valve again, see if its still in time and rotating, It could have failed again.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X