787 pto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 787 pto

I just had a pto flywheel unthread itself from a year old rebuild. customer did not pick up and it set in yard. when I started it, I thought I heard the impeller hitting the wear ring, would this do it? of course, I got an air leak from this problem and had to pull the motor. when I moved motor, flywheel was on shaft and crank threads showing???!!! now both threads screwed up. I may be able to "chase" threads on crank, it looks like just the entry thread is bad. I doubt that I did not thread the pto on originally, looking for answers and solutions please. thanks.

Re: 787 pto

I don't know if it is right, but I used loctite on one of these before. I chased threads on a crankshaft already. I guess no one has an answer as you are being ignored. maybe some of your old friends left? I know you always had a steady answer from someone whose name is absent these days.

Comment

Re: 787 pto

Some times threads get lost, No one is being ignored, this is a very busy time of year and we are on the phones full time, feel free to call in for a faster response. You will have to replace the pto coupler and try chasing the threads, this will happen if the coupler is not screwed all the way onto the crank, the coupler will get tighter as the engine runs if it is on far enough to begin with.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X