1996 Seadoo XP 800 starter removal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Seadoo XP 800 starter removal question

Just wondering if there's a DIY starter removal quide anyone knows of?

I have removed 2 bolts on the front of the starter that are bolted to the mag side, but can't get the 3rd bolt

Help!!!! Any suggestions!!!!???!!!
    Last edited by 2blue; 07-23-2012, 02:17 AM.

Re: 1996 Seadoo XP 800 starter removal question

I have a 95 xp 800 and I just put a new motor in so I saw how my starter is hooked up. There are the two bolts that you referred to and there is one bolt under the engine which comes in from the bottom and basically runs parallel with the cylinders. The third bolt is towards the back of the starter (closer to spot where your positive wire connects to the starter). The third bold points straight into the crankcase from the bottom). It is accessible without pulling the motor out. You will need to use a small mirror to locate it.

Oh yeah. I am guessing that your 96 is the same as my 95. Stop hitting it with a hammer!! Once you get all the bolts out a lite tap will pop it out
    Last edited by njacobster; 07-23-2012, 01:18 AM. Reason: Edited to add a little more detail

Comment

I found that 3rd bolt but I can't get it off nor get on it for the life of me. What size is that bastard?? Doesn't seem to be the same size as the front hex bolts. 3/8 rachet or 1/2 rachet?

Comment

Mine required an allen wrench or a hex driver as did 90 percent of the bolts on my ski

Comment

I used a 13mm socket wrench that I can change the angle of the head.

Comment

Working...
          X