Why water in engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why water in engine?

Was rebuild jet pump and reinstalled the pump, taking it to the water and runned good until the c-clip on drive shaft felt off and carbon seal started to leak alot.
    Filling the hull maybe to drive shaft..

Was just going to fix c-clip and carbon seal then I noticed it was water inside engine?
    Why? Could it be just because I filled hull with some water or something wrong when I installed pump?

Thanks for any answer!

BTW It's a ski-doo xp 1997

Re: Why water in engine?

how did you notice water in engine? if it is a 97 it is a 2 stroke and it would only have water in engine if it was rolled over or put there intentionally.

Comment

engine did not turn over, so I know something was wrong, pulled spark plugs and cranked.. was spitting out pretty much water.

So much water in hull can't be problem? May then something with the cooling system be wrong?

Comment

The engine probably sucked water in through the carbs when you had all the water in the hull. Also you do know that the engine has to be running before you flush it out on the garden hose right?
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yes I know that, and I was thinking about the carb thing but its not that.

I was fixing my carbon seal and there is no water leaking in to hull anymore... leaved the boat in the water for some hours and then the front cylinder was filled with water again, hydrolocked..

No big waves or anything.. were can it be leaking? exhaust gasket? NOTE: Runs fine but fill engine with water when I turn engine off.. Please anyone? :((

Comment

If compression is good on the cylinder thats filling with water then you may have a crack in the exhaust.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X