adjusting carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting carb

I replaced carb on a 95 sea doo spi with one from a gtx, swapped all internal parts and jets but when i try to rev it up it has a slight bog at first. Good compression. All new fuel line, selector valve, and carb kit. I counted the turns on the high and low speed jets and put them back in the same but id like to know the correct specs or procedure on this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Re: adjusting carb

The 95 spi ran a single carb, and the gtx ran 2 carbs do you have the dual carbs now? if so the lows are 1-1/4 and the highs are 1/4 pop-off 19-35
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanx for the reply. I had the carb from an old ski that we junked out. Cant really remember what model but Im only using a single. Just transferred the hard parts and put a kit in it. Every thing seems the same except it has a slight hesitation right when I try to throttle up.

Comment

open up the low speed screw alittle more , see if it gets worse or better.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok Tried that but it seems to have worsened if anything. hmmmmm is there a spec like on the gtx?
          Last edited by branden howland; 09-06-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X