Doug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug

Here we go again ! Now I have the 1993 gtx with a sbt re-blt motor, pump rebuild, and lots of help from all of you. I have rebuilt the mikuni dual carbs (SBT KITS). It starts right up, idles great, until i rev it up it don't come back to idle ! I have taken them off twice and went through the rebuild to check ! Checked the throttle cables for reset, slack, and choke. Set all the high=low and idle screws as stated in (Many articles 1 1/4 and 1/4 and All looks good.) HELP ! I need a expert !

Re: Doug

Doug, did you check pop-off psi, if not then go back to the original springs and see how it runs, for some reason you are running lean and this is causing the runaway issue.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

OK. I will try the original springs. I don't have a pop off tester. Looks like I will be ordering one asap. I give it a try. Thanks

Comment

No problem, without testing the pop-off, going back to the factory springs are your best bet.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I ordered a pop off tester. Mean while I changed the springs. It still has a run away idle. but if I rev it it does come back down now. But the idle is way to high I have adjusted all linkage to the lowest level and still way to high. Looks like I will have to wait till the P/O tester arrives ! I can opperate one carb ( dosent matter which one) at a time and it idles and revs up fine. The connecting linkage is adjusted equal and both go back to idle equal. Stumped in riverside. !

EDIT! I took the carbs and manifold off again. 1993 gtx does not have an ajustable linkage between carbs ("I thought !) there is no scew adjustmant on the linkage. BUT there are two allen screws on the mag carb connection and you can adjust it by loosing them and realigning them. What was happening is the mag carb was open "very slight" but enough to cause the engine to rev up way to high for idle. As you can tell I am new to all this ! But It all works great now ! rebuilt engine, rebuilt pump, and rebuilt carbs, and all new oil and gas lines. It runs good, now to do the break in.

Thanks Again for all your advice from the New Back Yard Sea Doo repairman in Riverside, Calif !!!
          Last edited by dmyers9063; 09-20-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X