2005 Sea doo challenger check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Sea doo challenger check engine light

I have a 2005 sea doo challenger 180 supercharged 215hpnon intercooled engine. I took it out for the first time this year and it ranfine for about 15 minutes, then the check engine light came on and it actedlike it was only running on 2 cylinders. I shut it off and turned it back onand the light went away but returned 5 minutes later. It's acting like as soonas the engine heats up enough this issue occurs. I recently drained and filledthe coolant but that is simple enough and I don't think that is causing it.Could it possibly be the exhaust tempsensor? The only sea doo dealer in my area that has the computer to hook intothis is booked up for 3 weeks. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Re: 2005 Sea doo challenger check engine light

Make sure you bleed the air out of the cooling system, Its hard to say whats happening without scanning it, check the cooling lines for the exhaust too.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
      Make sure you bleed the air out of the cooling system, Its hard to say whats happening without scanning it, check the cooling lines for the exhaust too.
      So I was doing some research in my service manual last night and tell me if this makes any sence. I think it may be a problem in the charging system. I had to jump the battery twice when I was on the test runs. I did not keep this battery on a charge in the winter so I may have fried it. I am thinking the battery level is getting low and can not having enough juice to run the electronics, and thats why when I jumped it, it ran fine for another 5 minutes. So I guess I will see if the battery is good and if so, look into the regulator/ magnetto.

Comment

Start by replacing the battery then.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X