2003 GTX new engine install - won't turn over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 GTX new engine install - won't turn over

Just dropped a rebuilt SBT 4TEC in my uncle's 2003 GTX (really impressed working with SBT by the way). Battery is charged (13V+) and checks good (Autozone). ALL fuses good, including both 30A mains. Display comes up, shows "MAINT", but no error codes, toggles through all menus just fine and gives 4 quick beeps to prompt start. Press the start button, can hear a relay kick, but no voltage measured at the lead to the starter. Starter and starter pos. lead both secure. Seems like may be something upstream from that, but I'm not familiar with the GTX ignition and/or control system beyond that. .....anecdotally, this Seadoo was submerged, the guilty party not telling my uncle, so when he went to use it next, blew up #1 piston. No electronics have been replaced. Just looking for some guidance with components and/or where to find a shop manual for troubleshooting. Greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Re: 2003 GTX new engine install - won't turn over

Anytime you have a sinker it could be any part of the electrical, we see harness issues almost immediately and shortly after the sinking has occurred. Mpem and Ecu issues are common too, If you can hook up a scan tool that may help find some fault codes and point you in the right direction to get started.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Good to know electrical issues are common, though bad to think that additional cost/repair may be needed. From the SBT website, looks like scan tools are custom for Sea-Doos and not a common format like OBD II? If so, I'll try to find a local resource. I don't see Mpem, Ecu or wire harness options at SBT, do these need to be sourced elsewhere? Greatly appreciate your help!

Comment

They will need to be ordered from sea-doo
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X