Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 XP Engine replacment...

Hello,

Since it has been determined that my engine is seized I was going to pick one up as I rebuild my old one. I am pretty sure this engine will work in my 94, but I wanted to make sure. The one I can snag is a 95' SEADOO 657cc - From the specs I see the 94 has a 657cc, but the 95 didnt ... no matter - Am I correct that the 657cc will work in a 94 without any rework?

thanks
    Scott

It'll work if you have the correct carb jetting and 657 electronics. You can't just switch the blocks, no. The 1995 uses a 720.

[ September 06, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thats what I was afraid of.... Thanks for the quick reply - Always impressed at the speed of responses....

Two other questions - I may get a rebuild kit, What am I looking for a 650 rebuild?

Also, If I get a rebuilt engine from you guys - Any estimate on shipping? And which engine would I need for the 94 XP?

Thanks!
      Scott

Comment

If you want to do it yourself you need a top-end kit, Crank, and End Seal Kit, plus the Installation gasket set. Then you need to have your machine shop bore and hone the cylinders and cut the head if you go oversize. The crank would carry a 90-day warranty. All that is right around the price of the complete 720 block, with a 1-year no-fault warranty.

Click Program, Shipping on the left for tables.

Comment

Yeah, Was afraid of that too .... So If I order I need a 720 engine for the 94 XP?

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot - I Know its $699 for the engine, but how much is a shipping estimate?

Comment

SOrry, read your first post incorrectly. 1994 is a 657X, 1995 is the 720. Same price.

Comment

As I said, click Program, then Shipping on the left for prices.

Comment

Thats awesome, Not a bad price for round trip shipping. Based on the original post, will a 657cc work in 94 now? My understanding was the 657cc and 657x were the same engine but the 657x was an "upgraded" version.

Seasons ending here (Buffalo) - So I can wait a bit to order a new engine - but with your service in this message base - You have made me a customer, I will be ordering from you guys.

But, just so I have parts I want to buy the 657cc for parts - Will that work?

Scott

Comment

The 657 and 657X can be interchanged, yes.

Comment

Well, some good news - I managed to get the Doo emtptied out and it started to Turn over - getting good compression and heads move now. BUT now I have a different issue : It of course wont start, heads move, but no start and I get a whine/grind sound from the bottom of the engine? Could this be a crankshaft or Starter issue?

The sound almost sounds like teeth grinding on a starter - Or maybe a chain or bearing issue?

Thanks as always...
                      Scott

[ September 09, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Surovich ]

Comment

Pistons, not heads.

You need to tear it completely apart for inspection.

Comment

Yup... Just started pulling - Im hoping to finish the job this weekend. Anything In particular to look for?

Comment

Everything needs to be perfect - you'll find damage, I can't guess how much.

Comment

Working...
                            X