Brand new sbt engine has 25 mins run time now has mily oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new sbt engine has 25 mins run time now has mily oil

I have 2006 Seadoo RXP Supercharged intercooled jet ski. Installed engine from SBT and rebuilt the turbo. Started with recommendations for break in. I now have 25 mins of run time on it and have milky oil. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did read something on the internet about possible oil cooler.

Re: Brand new sbt engine has 25 mins run time now has mily oil

You must 1st determine if its coolant or fresh water, Does your coolant bottle show signs of oil in it? Did you replace your water pump seal when installing the pto housing? and yes the oil cooler can do this too. Other things to look at would be how you flush the engine, are you turning on the garden hose before the engine is running?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Coolant still looks clean and level has not changed. All gaskets were replaced at time of install because I didn't want any problems. Flushing start then turn hose on.

Comment

There is only 2 ways to get raw water into the engine, damaged inter-cooler or exhaust manifold damage as long as the water was not from flushing improperly.

Comment

I did leave something out when I start to get to half throttle it runs really rough and dont clear up until you restart
          Last edited by Laynlowjoe; 08-29-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I still don't understand how your getting water mixing with the oil and its not antifreeze.

Comment

Ok your confusing me now. First you said could be damaged inter cooler or exhaust manifold. Then you said you don't understand how I'm getting water in the oil. So am I looking for damaged intercooler and or exhaust manifold ? Please help Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Laynlowjoe View Post
                I did leave something out when I start to get to half throttle it runs really rough and dont clear up until you restart
                Your confusing me with this post, Have you checked the items I suggested, raw water does'nt flow through any part of the short block that we have provided to you, it flows through the items that you have re-installed. (exhaust system, oil cooler, intercooler)

Comment

I would remove the oil cooler and use 20 psi compressed and pressurize the water side. Have the oil cooler flat with oil chamber holes facing up and check for bubbles. I had one leak at 1 psi.
                  Also why did you replace engine? You need to determine the failure of the previous engine as this will help you isolate components to check.

Comment

Originally posted by gary_garnett View Post
                    I would remove the oil cooler and use 20 psi compressed and pressurize the water side. Have the oil cooler flat with oil chamber holes facing up and check for bubbles. I had one leak at 1 psi.
                    Also why did you replace engine? You need to determine the failure of the previous engine as this will help you isolate components to check.

Ski was sunk and sat for a while. When I got it motor was locked up. I have pulled all oil out and let sit in clear container to separate. It is raw water. I have smoke tested intercooler and came up with no leaks. I believe oil cooler uses coolant as cooling not raw water. I think at some point I may have not got all water out of intake. Since milky oil I have changed oil and filter 4 times and looks like it has cleared up but have not been able to run long enough to determine if clean oil will become milky again.
                    I like to thank for help that has been provided so far.

I have five skis and this is my first supercharged one.

Comment

You most likely are correct with the water in the intake, If water had been in there from the 1st failure and was not completely removed then it will get sucked back into the engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X